New national privacy laws came into effect on 21 December 2001. The new laws, which are part of the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth), include ten National Privacy Principles that set standards for the way organisations, including health providers, handle personal information. These principles have been adopted by the Nutrition Australia Board.
Privacy and Other Information about using this Website
Vegetarian Diet Plan acknowledges that this website has an obligation to provide accurate information to users. Vegetarian Diet Plan also acknowledges the privacy and confidentiality of individuals. Vegetarian Diet Plan advises that:
- The Vegetarian Diet Plan website should be used as an online knowledge and learning tool only and not a substitute for professional care. Please consult your health care provider if you require ongoing treatment or suspect that you have a health problem. Vegetarian Diet Plan is not liable for loss (injury or damage) occurring from use of the information provided in this website.
- Vegetarian Diet Plan endeavours to guide users to links to other websites from our pages that are accurate, unbiased and credible. It is important to remember the nature of the internet as a source of information. The internet is an unregulated medium. Changes to the links that Vegetarian Diet Plan initially set, is out of Vegetarian Diet Plan ‘s control. Users may be exposed to misinformation, commercial bias and exploitation. Information, opinions, data, statements or commercial products and services contained in web pages accessed from the Vegetarian Diet Plan website linked pages are the responsibility and policy of the author(s) of those web pages and do not imply approval or support by Vegetarian Diet Plan.
- Names and e-mail addresses of all website visitors will not be used by Vegetarian Diet Plan or provided or released to a third party without the site visitor’s consent.
- When a user visits our website, our Internet Service Provider logs this visit for statistical purposes. From this, Vegetarian Diet Plan can continue to update web pages and monitor errors.
- A cookie is a small file stored on the site user’s computer or web server to record some operations. Cookies are used on some sections of the Vegetarian Diet Plan website to aid web page navigation and either make repeated functions easier or prevent undesirable duplication. A server cannot find out a name or email address, or anything about a user’s computer by using cookies. Users who do not desire the functionality created by cookies can set up their browser to disable cookies or obtain an alert when a cookie is involved. This may prevent access to some features of the website.